Welcome to another Catch Up where we chill, have fun and talk about random stuff going on in our lives. I want you to comment below and let me know what you are up to. Let’s make new friends!
2018 is flying away. I feel like it’s always words like these I start my Catch Ups with; but isn’t it true? Look how fast life is passing by! And we still spend our time hating others, bringing people down and judging them.
Also, I’m on Vero now and I’m loving it (MunazzaBangash)! Connect with me. ❤
Life Updates: My bullet journal has been so good to me. I have always been a freak when it comes to staying organized, but no method really satisfied this habit of mine until I started bullet journaling. It is a satisfaction, to be honest.
I want to start updating the other blog I have (MBangash) in which I used to write all of my rants, short stories and it was a place where I would pour my heart out. My inner writer would find escape there. But it takes so much time! This year in university has drained me. I stay tired and feel unmotivated as most of my time is spent doing assignments, research or organizing events and seminars! It’s not that I don’t love it; I do. It’s just, I get so tired that I am usually unable to function by the end of the day. I wanted to do M Phil in Psychology after I am done with Masters this year, but honestly, all I need is a break and focus on my blog and makeup artistry, but then I don’t want to waste this year, either. I’m so lost.
Anyway… I got my first gift from the in-laws! It’s very traditional. From the in-laws I got an un-stitched dress, jewelry, shoes, bangles, and mehendi. My fiance sent me chocolates and perfume; and now I’m blushing. You know, I’m the kind of girl who can be extremely independent and out going, and extremely desi at the same time. Like, one minute, I am the most career oriented person ever, and the next moment I’m ready to sacrifice myself for my family. It amuses me sometimes.
Anyway, here is something I wanted to share with you guys; my best friend got divorced after only two months of marriage and I know this is personal but I just wanted to share my thoughts with you guys… Without being biased, my best friend is one of the best girls you can find out there; she is beautiful, talented, well-educated, Islamic, good at heart, amazing at handling home, and so much more. She got arranged married to a guy she had never seen before; a family she wasn’t aware of. They ruined her personality by making her work like a maid without a proper pay; she was a slave in their eyes. They made her quit her studies even after promising before marriage that they would support her passion for education. They would doubt her intentions and compare her to others, bring her down, and treat her in ways no human should be treated. They hurt her emotionally, and I feel so disgusted that such people breathe on the face of this earth.
All I want to say is that if you decide to marry someone you don’t know just to please your parents, please ask them to do their research. A thorough one. It is not embarrassing to ask embarrassing questions from them cause it would save you from being embarrassed in the future. It’s your life, and you deserve so much more than what you think you do.
Lesson Learned: Replying and firing back right when you’re angry is always a bad idea. No matter how right it may seem in that moment; trust me, you’ll regret it. We feel like the point we’re making at this moment would solve everything, and maybe it would, but when we’re angry, we often say things that we mean but in such a bad tone that it defeats the purpose of trying to solve the problem. So just a friendly reminder; if you’re angry, sleep on it. Wait for the storm to pass, and you shall be thankful to yourself for not acting on instinct.
Entertainment Tracker: I am currently reading How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie. And woah, I love it! I’m currently on chapter nine and it has already improved the way I think. I highly recommend it.
I watched five movies this month:
- Ghost (1990) – If you haven’t watched this movie, you are missing out. It is such a classic and such an amazing movie. I mean, a bit unrealistic, but so good! I cried.
- The Final Girls (1995) – Okay, first of all, let me tell you that I did not expect this to be such a good movie. It kept my interest till the very end, and it is just so good. I give it 5 stars because it is so entertaining, and I just love it.
- Raabta (2017) – I wanted to watch this movie ever since I saw Deepika Padukone performing on Kuch To Hai Tujh Se Raabta (because I’m a lover!), and boy, I’m glad I watched it. I mean, again, it is a bit unrealistic but who says that unrealistic can’t be good entertainment?
- Hindi Medium (2017) – Truth be told, I wouldn’t have watched this movie if it wasn’t for Saba Qamar. I’m happy that Pakistani actors and actresses are making their names internationally. The social issue highlighted in this movie is such an important topic that needs to be discussed and I’m glad that Saba chose a movie like this to be a part of.
- Akaash Vani (2013) – I was bored and my friend had recommended this movie to me; and I’m glad that I watched it. It is such a good movie and highlights a social issue (which is always a good idea), but it is so much more than just that, it is also funny, interesting and overall a fun watch!
Studio this Month:
Blog Catch Up:
- February Plan With Me | THE HALL OF BUJO
- Here’s Why You Should Never Compare Yourself to Celebrities (Before and After Pics) | THE HALL OF BEAUTY
- Product of the Month – Morphe | THE HALL OF BEAUTY
- \Most Affordable Liquid Lipsticks in the World – Clazona (Review)| THE HALL OF BEAUTY
- Beauty Sins: Warm Toned Contour | THE HALL OF BEAUTY
YouTube Catch Up:
- FEBRUARY PLAN WITH ME – 2018 Bullet Journal Set Up | THE HALL OF BUJO
- Victoria Secret Inspired Model Makeup for Photoshoots – ft. Jadirah Sarmad | THE HALL OF BEAUTY
Thank you so much for hanging out with me!
THE HALL OF BEAUTY